Take cover

dbeam

Looks like a trip on New River a couple of years back, only there wasn't a bridge and the take out was still 3 or 4 miles away.

Darrell

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Need to drag that downed tree a little closer to the bridge. :cool: That sure looks better than my day at work.

hookup

Yeah, been out on a few floats where I got hammered by Mother Nature in the middle of the float.

Good news if the river's wide enough, it normally doesn't get dangerous and the fish'n picks up.

DelawareRiver_zpsa0b3ae9d.jpg

Uncle Grump

In years past, one of my best crappie spots was a pool on a small stream w/ a bridge. The logs, brush, etc that floated down stream would be stopped by the bridge columns - the fishing was super. It was made all the better by the laydowns from the banks (public park) - once one knew what to look for and time of year, more quality fish.

Then along came DOT and the park department - between them, they ripped out all the snags on the bridge, and the lay downs. There are still fish there, but not the numbers or quality.

The first time I fished it after the rip-out, I could have cried. Enjoy it while it lasts, cause it may not.

UG

Back