T-Drops

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder how many i'd have to make to trade them for a trip on a walk on head boat early this spring for some walleye? :bigfish: Going to need more than this. Had a hard time getting decent pics - they still don't show the glitter very well. A couple are custom mixes and have them written down so will have to add them to the recipe book later. The super glittery blue is the Dragonfly color that i recently got in. Heading to Chuck-e-cheese here in a few..... fun fun. :) Enjoy......

View attachment 7

View attachment 8

View attachment 9

View attachment 1

View attachment 2

Attachments

• 100_6000_e.jpg
    100_6000_e.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 100_6015_e.jpg
    100_6015_e.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_6037_e.jpg
    100_6037_e.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 100_6048_e.jpg
    100_6048_e.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 100_6066_e.jpg
    100_6066_e.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 100_6069_e.jpg
    100_6069_e.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 288

Pup

Those are great AF. :cool: Your painting and tying are outstanding, as are your photos. Well done. :t-up:

JUNGLEJIM1

All of them look fantastic,would murder the crappie and eyes. Are you pouring these heads ? After seeing these you have me thinking of getting a teardrop mold now.What size head are these?

smalljaw

Those are exceptional!!!!! 1/8oz to 3/8oz and you got a walleye/bass smasher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the color combos , really nice work!!!!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks all - it is fun to work with all the bright colors since i don't very often for my normal fishing. Not sure why, but pretty much all the jigs used for spring reef fishing on Erie are either very brightly colored..... or purple. I have some black/silver and pearl/silver heads painted also, juts need to tie them.

The pearly yellow, green glittery, copper glittery and candy pink are my own mixes. Really surprised i haven't seen many people using the Dragonfly, it is an excellent blue candy color with several colors of glitter in it.

Did not pour these, sizes pictured are 1/2's and 3/8's that i traded for. Keeping the head weight close to what people prefer and ask for on Erie.... they fish them vertically and need the weight to keep the lines straight below as the boat swings with waves and wind.

Mass produce...... if i could sell them for $6-$8 a pop - maybe. :p I have the possibility to sell a few, but no clue how that will pan out. I would rather just trade them for a trip or two honestly.

Helianthus

These make me want to go tie right now! The paint is awesome and the eyes? Are they painted on? Thanks for sharing, very impressive and inspirational.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
They either have mica mixed in or used as the base under the candy color.

The eyes are powder painted on using stencils with different sized holes. Just heat the head then quickly line it up under the stencil and tap the color on.

Back