Swapmiester sign ups ?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
No list yet, have been putting it off. We do need a list for what will be the JC SWAPS, want to do these with some extra rules to help out the site a little. The theme of the swap would be set by the host but would like to have each member make an xtra jig to then have a complete set sent to me (no i won't hoard them as much as i would like to) so i can take pics of them and start a Swap Picture Gallery and keep record of past swaps. Then after some time has passed, plan to sell/auction them off to raise $$ to keep the site running. Figure if i wait a while, 6 months or so, maybe some jigs will be lost "on the battlefield" and give some xtra incentive for people to want a new set. ;)

As far as any "sideline" swaps of your own choice; bass jig swap, pink jig swap, shad pattern swap, saltwater jig swap, craw jig swap and so on and so on.... i guess it will be left free and open, FOR NOW no sign-up needed. I Want to be able to let members have their choice of what they want to do with a swap they host. With the #'s we have here now, i would keep most any "side" swap to a low minium number - maybe only 6 to 10 tiers. I like the lower number swaps myself.

Would like to hear everyone else's thoughts/ideas on this, and will post a "swap host" sign-up sheet to be a sticky in the next week or so. - AF

CK3

Papaperch, I'm waiting to hear back from Attica.
Right now it looks like Jubs will be next in line, then someone else
and you will be next. I'll post a sticky and ask for volunteers once
Attica gets back to me.. You're right Papa he is very busy.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
CK3 - you probably know the order better than me, so i will go with whatever you come up with, didn't mean to stick my foot in.... :D Doesn't really matter tho... those who want to host will get their turn.

CK3

Right now we have enough hosts for three more "official JigCraft swaps"
Please don't ask to be added until we determine the criteria for the official swaps. Right now the one addition to the swaps is for each tier to tie one extra jig to be sent to Attica. These will in the future be auctioned off to help with the cost of running the site. Surprise! It costs good ol cash to keep this site up and I feel it is only fair that we jig tiers help out, after all we are the ones benefitted by the site. That figures out to about a quarter a month!!! Take a fly tying course at Orvis
and see if they'll do it for .25 cents a month.....I don't think so.

Very shortly I'll post a "sticky" with the info on all official JigCraft swaps.
To answer some questions that have come up: the first three swap meisters will be, 1. Jubs
2. RadTexan
3. PapaPerch
There will be plenty of swaps in the future so all will get a chance to host. Being a new site, we don't want to make some of the mistakes that were made on other sites so bear with us a little and and it will be the best for everyone!!!

The first official swap still has a couple weeks to go yet.

Jubs

I will sit the next jig swap out but will take #3 if that is ok? I would like to get a fly swap going this week and work on that instead but will be more than willing to host a jig I like the number 3 so if nobody has a problem with that I would like to wait till #3 for the jig swaps.

CK3

OK gang, lineup has changed a little.

Host for #2 JigCraft Swap will be RadTexan.
Host for #3 JigCraft Swap will be Jubs
Host for #4 JigCraft Swap will be Papaperch

That's it for a while folks. Please wait until a sticky is posted to
express your interest in hosting a Jig Swap. This will take us into August. If anyone has a problem with the new lineup please PM me.
Thank you for your interest.

Back