Swap 41 "No Clowning around!"

QPassage

When i was a kiddo many, many years ago, I loved the circus.    So in honor of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus ending it's 146 year run this year, I'm thinking clowns are in order for this swap.  So sign up and show off your
best clown jig.  Size, style, and colors are up to you.  Lets shoot for 10 with Jig Craft in the #1 slot, but I'd sure like to see a lot of clowns, in this swap!   :D 
Lets run the sign up through March 20th and plan to have your jigs to me by Fool's Day "April 1st".   

1. Jig Craft
2. QPassage
3. bucktail - Received
4. AtticaFish - Received
5. Kdog - Received
6. hookup - Received
7. Len - Received

bucktail

I spent a little time looking back into the first few swaps on this site...very impressed with the work yet even more impressed with the love and friendships gained from our hobby...hope these swaps start turning around with more involved...I'm by far not top notch but can only see swaps making me better...come on and join up in a swap...Have Fun with your extra materials

QPassage

bucktail said:
I spent a little time looking back into the first few swaps on this site...very impressed with the work yet even more empress ed with the love and friendships gained from our hobby...hope these swaps start turning around with more involved...I'm by far not top notch but can only see these making me better...come on and join up in a swap...Have Fun with your extra materials

Agreed, we all learned at some point and some of us, myself included learn something new all the time.  For me when I first joined here the swaps were a great learning curve.  You get to see ties that you just can't buy at BPS or the likes.  I can recall once taking a pic of one, enlarging it on my pc, trying to figure out just how in the heck that was done.  Seeing up close the different styles and ways ties are for me is 1/2 the fun in these swaps.  
I have about a 100 jigs that I first tied, I almost tossed them at one point but tossed into a box instead.  When I look back at those I think wow those really suck, BUT, I wouldn't part with any of them today and given a chance I bet the fish would hit them just the same as the ones I tie today. 
It would be fun to have a big group again in these swaps.

bucktail

After a few handfuls of bucktails lastnight got distracted with some clowns on the vise...was fun too tye so whipped up 10 ...I may  just be done already ...different than I would ever have done,yet pleased with how they came out..also came up with a idea for a swap ....think I'll be a swap junky now...lol

hookup

My first jigs were, let's just say horrendous ...

But they caught fish so I kept on tying

Then some nights, the colors were wild - chartreuse orange for example. That jig worked when nothing else did.

After Googling clown jigs, I finally figured out clown jigs were base on certain colors. Either the typical red/white/yellow or like the tropical fish clown loaches.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I had a Clown Husky Jerk in my head.... a combination of chart/red/white. I think the red nose is a must. ;) They have a chrome clown also with silver instead of the white. Several other crank bait companies have a clown version.

hookup

Just got a bunch of stuff from fishhunter775. Already have the jigs poured & ready. I'll think of something along the lines of everyone else.

QPassage

I've decided I'll probably be the procrastinator of the group this time. I'm buried deep "really deep" in bass baits right now and will be for a few weeks. So mine will get painted and ready to be tied and likely tied a day or two before they are due. Especially since I get a buy on time not having to wait on the mailman. ;) I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing. Bozo the clown comes to mind.

Kdog

Cominf down to the closing date, We got some very creative folks signed up thus far, sure would love to seem a couple more.

Back