Swap # 40

hookup

With Christmas & New Years just about the corner, let's make sign up's end by Jan 15, 2017 and jigs to me by the end of January 31st, 2017.

As far as a theme, let's go with winter.  Something that either is holiday-ish, snow-ish, or something you'd actually fish with in the winter. 

The sky's the limit so use your imagination.  Fly, jig, blade, wood, anything goes as long as you built it.  I may be ambition with ten slots, but let's try to fill them all.

1/  Jigcraft
2/  HookUp
3/  JungleJim1
4/  Jason O
5/  AtticaFish
6/  Kdog
7/  QPassage
8/  t1hog
9/  Pepop
10/

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Add me in please. Winter themed, hmmmmm...... a little jack in my coffee keeps me warm. Wonder if the fish would like a chenille body jig soaked in a little Crown?

hookup

I'm more of a Mexican coffee type to keep warm & wide awake

You're in

Kdog

Sitting here trying to decide what to create for this swap. Still plenty of time though. Hope to see more participants. Just remember, we like seeeing new tyers, and all levels are encouraged to participate.

hookup

Easy decision for me - tying what's working for river smallies

JUNGLEJIM1

Thinking a bucktail jig might be the way to go for smallies. Actually never have tried for them until early spring. Had a few good days using bucktails in late February and early March using them.

JUNGLEJIM1

I tied ten 1/8 bucktails for this swap. I hope we get more tyers for this one. Probably send another set as well since we have a lot of time yet.

t1hog

I am new to this site and have never done one of these before.  Sounds interesting, is it open to anyone? Thanks for the help and info.

hookup

t1 - jump right on in.

Open to all and all are welcome

Happy New Years

hookup

Don't worry t1 - we all started once ourselves. Some of my not-so-art-full jigs turned into fish magnets

Kdog

T1, sometimes, we make them so purty, fish are afraid of them. Dont be afraid of using your imagination. Your tying skills will always improve and the more you tie, the better you get. So by all means, participate, we welcome and encorage newbies and first time tiers. I have participated in numerous swaps and honestly fish very few of the jigs I receive. I put them on a rack and study them for inspiration. There are some outstanding tyers in this group and their creations are best saved for reference.

Yet one of the most productive jigs came from a first time tyer. I have duplicated that jig dozens of times, have enchanced it, duplicated it exactly, made it beefier and made it sparse, it still remains a great fish catcher for the start of post spawn and 2 -3 weeks past.

Pepop

I'm currently up to my elbows in alligators with jig orders but I cant pass up a "Winter" theme'd jig swap. Sign me up.

Back