SW Jigs Ready To Go

JSC

A few SW Jigs for here on the Gulf Coast Ready to fill an order.

Some are Nylon, Nylon_Mylar and FisHair.

Don't tie much so glad to get this one done.

JSC
:jig: :bigfish: ;)

Attachments

• jigs01.jpg
    jigs01.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 91
  • jigs02.jpg
    jigs02.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 91

Hawnjigs

KISS
Clean custom heads & pro ties. Silver head/clear tail & chartreuse would be my choices also. I'm not familiar with the clear shimmery material in the right side tubs?

What weights/hook sizes for what species?

And, how do you use the cream cheese?

JSC

" (A) I'm not familiar with the clear shimmery material in the right side tubs?
(B) What weights/hook sizes for what species?
(C) And, how do you use the cream cheese? HJ"

HI HJ Sorry bout delay in answering ... went and caught a Few Bass Yesterday PM (10 up to 4 # 1/2 oz Spinner Bait _ One was undersize Released them all).

(A) Nylon Bristle ... Have only a limited amount from way back ... all I can get now is "Crimped" ..
(B) See attached Pixe ... E & F are used mostly for Spanish Mackerel as well as G & H in white. They like the "Flash" works on Blues real well .. G, H, & C in yellow & chartreuse #1 for Pompano (This style is referred to as "Pompano Jigs" in this area). All can be used as a general Saltwater Jig for Pmpano, Cobia, Spanish, Reds, Blues, Spec Trout, Bonito, and etc.
All Thread ties are epoxied over.
(C) The wife uses a lot of cream cheese and the "tubs" come in handy as you can see ... Mostly on her AM Bagels ... Also make some Banana Heads but they are not popular in this area.
These are mostly fished in the Gulf Surf on white sandy bottom and clear water from beach and from piers not as much from boats xcept for Cobia, catching Hard Tails for bait ... larger Jigs are used for deep jigging ... I only hit the high spots as you can go into a lot of detail on these and some of the local boys are VERY Picky about their jigs and how they are used.

Thanx for all the comments from U guys .. they are appreciated by a not regular tie er ... (How do U spell that anyway)

These are going to a local B&T Shop

JSC
:jig::bigfish:;)

Attachments

• Jigs_W_Text.jpg
    Jigs_W_Text.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 53

JUNGLEJIM1

That's a boatload of jigs,well done. I may have some nylon bristle that I inherited some years back that I havn't found a use for with my tying. If interested I'd send you some.I can take a picture to see if it's what you are looking for. I have several colors.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Thanks for the info, JSC. The 3/0 "C" hook isn't oversize for pompano?

Do you prefer bass fishing to inshore salt water?

JSC

Hawnjigs said:

The 3/0 is a little large for Pompano but is used for a lot of other things.

Bass Fishing is #1 But .... if Spec Trout & Red Fishin is easy I go for them (late summer thru Feb .. depends a lot on water conditions) .. when the Crappie bite is on I try to catch a few of them .. Brim fishin I throw in all along .... Where I live here at the mouth of the river I really have a good selection ... as the "Crow Flies" its about 7 miles to the Gulf and at one time I tried to make the Pompano Spring & Fall run and catch what ever came along with that .

Have A Good One

JSC
:jig: :bigfish: :)

LedHed

Sponsor
JJ1

If you are moving some of the stuff I will take what ever JSC don't want. Let me kow what you want for it...

JSC

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
The nylon in the second picture on top is not crimped and appears finer,like a really thin mono.

I see that now, thought it mite have been .. the way the light was shining on it I was not sure. That is what I would like to have ..
Let me know what you you want for it

JSC

PS I have some solid black that I doubt I will ever use if some one wants some .. LH ?

flatsrat76

JSC said:
Hawnjigs said:

The 3/0 is a little large for Pompano but is used for a lot of other things.

Bass Fishing is #1 But .... if Spec Trout & Red Fishin is easy I go for them (late summer thru Feb .. depends a lot on water conditions) .. when the Crappie bite is on I try to catch a few of them .. Brim fishin I throw in all along .... Where I live here at the mouth of the river I really have a good selection ... as the "Crow Flies" its about 7 miles to the Gulf and at one time I tried to make the Pompano Spring & Fall run and catch what ever came along with that .

Have A Good One

JSC
:jig: :bigfish: :)

What's a bass? :)
I can't wait til the Pompano show up and it should be soon..:bigfish:

JSC

"I can't wait til the Pompano show up and it should be soon.. FR "

Let me know when they hit your area as U will get a shot at them first ... We should have some within the next week or so ..

JSC

Back