SW Jigs __2

JSC

From Previous Thread

RE: SW Jigs Ready To Go
"I can't wait til the Pompano show up and it should be soon ... FR"

Got a report yesterday .. for the last 3 days I heard of one guy who has been catchin them ... between Panama City and Destin ... He had 8 Tuesday AM ... He is setting up on the outer bar with a 14' Fibergalss Ladder .. carries it out on a Kyak (spelling) sets up the ladder .. ties the Kyak to it climbs up .. has his extra tackle in the Kyak ... Most of those using a ladder do it from the beach but he has taken it a step further ... From all I can find out they just hit the area this past week end ..

JSC
:jig: :bigfish: ;)

Hawnjigs

KISS
Would that be a ladder with two end section that fold down to form supporting legs? Are they set up in the water?

JSC

"Would that be a ladder with two end section that fold down to form supporting legs? Are they set up in the water? ______ HJ"

Yes to both ... Most only set it up on the beach to "Sight Fish" ... They avoid the crowds at the Piers this way .. If I was really up to it .. I would set up on the beach ... going to the outer bar would be a real chore but could see where it could really pay off. We have some weather on its way in for the next several days and this could turn them off in a hurry ...
Guess I will have to get my Tax work done ... I would really rather be fishin.

JSC

Hawnjigs

KISS
Man, that ladder packing is hard core - 14' fiberglass + the board in a kayak?! Someone sure figgered how to get to the fish and away from the crowds.

As a much younger man before production kayaks were invented, I used a paddle board along some otherwise inaccessable cliff coastline. Here's a pic of the area - this one small portion was accessed with rope.

View attachment 2

Attachments

• bitrough.jpg
    bitrough.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 33

JSC

To many "Obsticle" (Spelling) in the way for some one like me ... all thou when I was a kid I went to extremes to get to fish ... long bike rides & walks ... sliding up and down creek banks where no one else got to and stuff like that ... but none of that "Cliff Climbing" ...

JSC

Back