Sunday funnies

Jighead76

My wife asked me yesterday after she came home if I got new materials in. I asked how she knew. I've been away from tying awhile and looked down at my shirt, that's how she figured me out.
So I got thinking.....

How to spot a jig tyer.

++If you hear someone at the pet store ask if they can clean the bird cages out for them.

++They can spell chenille and chartreuse right the first time.

++When the mailman comes by, there's a adult guy (or lady) with their face pressed on the window looking for packages.

++After the mailman brings a package there is a trail of packaging materials all the way to the tying table.

++After the package comes you don't see the tyer for at least 3 hours.

++You see a person wearing hiking boots and camo with what looks like feather extensions in their hair.

++The same person looks like they got in a fight with a macaw, feathers stuck all over their shirt, hat and jeans.

++Your see a guy looking closely at feather boa scarfs with pink tinsel stuck all over his flannel.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
++The adult with a full bag of troll dolls strolling out of the flea market... with a big grin.

++The daughter who doesn't like it when dad admires her Monster High dolls hair with the pretty sparkley flashy stuff in it. (how do they do that?)

(have gotten the odd look many times in the nail polish aisle)

Jighead76

Great!! I know you all been through it too. I got 5 year old daughter and often wonder if her dolls and ponies have Krinkle flash in them, then there has to be a place in china where I can get it for like $10 a pound.

QPassage

++ Trimming the beard has a whole new meaning to it. Hint: Keep a mirror near the tying table!
++ When your wife go to the beauty shop you tell her to bring the trimmings home.

hookup

-- when you chase your dog around the house with a set of scissors - my last dog had a bobbed tail, and when the hair would grow out about 2" from the cut, I'd cut it and tie with it.

++stopping just to check out roadkill

I carry lawn sheers & a bag of salt & borox. Was clipping the tail off a freshly hit deer once and some lady stopped and read me the riot act. I told her "Lady, the deer's dead, it doesn't need the tail anymore". I thought she was going to faint.

Good post. Needed the morning chuckle

AndyLane

++When the first thought you get when you see Joe Namath at The Super Bowl is "I wonder How many Jigs I could Tie With That Coat Of His?"

++When you tell the woman at a garage sale that your going to use the fur off these stuffed animals for tying jigs and suddenly your dollar fifty is no good and she wont sell them to you so you recruit(bribe) a neighbor kid to buy them for ya. (True Story but the names were changed to protect the innocent..lol)

Back