Suede-Legged Leechy Kreature

Pup

A black and brown creature bait with light-colored rusty brown legs. Its body length is about 4 to 4.5 inches long.

suedelegs005.jpg

Materials:
  • Eagle Claw Weedless Sproat Hook 249WA-3/0.
  • Spirit River Real-Eyes 3/16" - nickel/pearl.
  • UTC Ultra Thread 140 denier - rusty brown.
  • Premier LashMax Yarn - Black Star and Caffeine.
  • The Beadery Suede Lace 1/8" - brown.

Another finesse bait. Considering powder painting a few 1/16 or 1/8-oz. bullet weights a brown color to use with it.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Another crazy/bugged out looking creature..... :cool: It should get hit. Only thing i might be worried about is if it will really spin from the legs. A pegged sinker maybe would help so you might have a good idea with the bullets. I like it either way.

Pup

Thanks for your comments AF. :)

I'm glad you noted the possibility for spinning. What are those dynamic properties? Pitch, roll, and yaw? Good thought. :cool:

I plan to drag this kreature over river bottoms to see what happens. Will cast it, as is at first, with small diameter braided line. Its length is kept relatively short to, hopefully, tempt a few of the larger smallmouth bass in my local river. ;)

smalljaw

OH YEAH!!!!!! That is the color I was talking about on the yarn creature!! Now you added some legs, I would call it a "Helgrithing", it will not only tempt the smallies, it will smash them!!! I like that!!

Back