Striper Kandy

PanfishHunter

As these "flies" have been being used with a conventional tackle set up, I thought this as the best place for the topic.

I just completed an order of 50 of these flies for a fishing guide on Lake Livingston. He ordered 2 dozen this time last year, and they have worked tremendously for him below the dam, so he's ordered more.

They are nothing more than a 4/0 stainless steel hook, flashabou, held on with 210 denier thread coated with acetate floss to give more durability against the large striped bass.

40fb44364048f83bbc6b6fcbb4647be1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PanfishHunter

Thanks for the kind words guys! The guide who ordered them said that he's been catching fish on these when nothing else would work!

QPassage

Nice looking tie's, I bet those would work below the Cumberland River damn also.

A little something I been doing on my trebles that might be of interest to you. I buy shrink tube for electrical wiring. After I complete the tie, I'll coat the thread with head cement and let dry. Then cut a piece of the heat shirking tube slide it on and gently hit it with the heat gun. Makes for a nice neat, easy, clean finish.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Great simple ties.Sometimes that little bit of flash is all it takes to get the attention of a predator.

PanfishHunter

Of course! They really love the sparseness of them as well. When worked under a popping cork they really flare and trigger bites.

Back