Storage for Hair jigs

oleo40

I fish a lot of hair jigs for most everything. I tie all my own and the big problem is the mess one gets when Hair jigs get tangled. I use small foam pieces to stick 4 jigs one and then put them in a Plano box [3600]. If they come loose, and they do, it is a big mess. Anyone out there with a MUCH :D Better way of storing them? Thanks in advance. Ole

yellowjacket

get u a plastic marker box and put a sheet of foam in it and glue it down. i havent done it yet but i might later 2 nite

Pup

My hand ties are packaged in 2x3-inch bags and carried inside plastic tackle boxes. I group them by color and weight. Any "fished" jigs are placed into a single compartment inside their box and are later separated and then air-dried. Once dry, they go back into their bags. Relatively few jigs get tangled when I use this method.

oleo40

Pup and Fatman, thanks for your reply. It sounds like the best option as I carry a lot of colors and several sizes which would make the Fly box that Cane Pole uses out of the question as I would have to buy a bunch. Thanks everyone for thier help. Ole

quivira kid

I just make a mess in a plastic Plano box. Put similar colors together and give 'em heck... They don't have to be perfect, they just have to be effective!

redear

Fatman said:
Another good thing with the bags is if your box gets soaked they stay nice and dry!!

I use the plastic bags too. 2"x2" and 1 1/2"x3" and staple them shut. buy them from hagens in south dakota, they are something like six bucks per thousand I think. once you have them in the plastic they will last for years and the jig stays all nice and straight, no bent fibers etc.

Back