Still looking.

Pepop

I'm still looking for ideas for organizing & accessing my dozens of hanks of Flash! I like the round, spindle style like Cabela's sells but to hold all my colors it'd take a rather large dis of wood & I just don't have the surface area to spare. I've also seen binder clips utilized across a flat surface but I have no such surface, least ways not low enough to be handy. Any other ideas out there?

Kdog

PePop,
I saw a three tier spinner display ~12" dia that held 6 dozen. I think it was on pinterest. I am looking in a different direction though and and trying to only buy spooled flash

HairyMooseKnuckles

I've seen them on Lazy Susan's, but like you, I don't have that kind of space. At the moment, I have mine in a drawer, but I have to dig through it to find what I'm looking for. Surly between all of us, we can come up with a solution.

Fatman

Get a sheet of peg board and cut it in half - then just lean it against your tying area or on a wall next to you if you're that close. Anything has to be better than in a drawer. I wish I had a dedicated tying area!!LOL

Nightprowler

I trim a small square out of the bottom of their original bag. Place them back in the bag with the zip tie facing the cut out. When I need some flash, I slide the entire bundle through the cut out, by the zip tie strap. Use what I need, them return them though the opposite zip lock end. All store neatly stacked side by side in a Pringle can.
Just what I do.

BucktailJiger

Close line it . 2 dowels 4" long with a piece of fishing line tied between the dowels , drape flash over the line , slide it to get the flash you want .

hookup

I just keep them in their origional plastic wrap containers in a plastic storage bin - but I probably dont have near as many as you do

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
hookup said:
I just keep them in their origional plastic wrap containers in a plastic storage bin - but I probably dont have near as many as you do
^^^ this ^^^
I do the same and then store them in an extra Plano box i have. Guessing i maybe have 6 colors of midge and 10 colors of other flash along with 5 or 6 of the shorter baitfish emulator flash all in one box.

LedHed

Sponsor
I do what Nightprowler does, now. Also have a carousel the you can slide the zip tye in a band to hold it - gets a little messy sometimes..

Back