Still at it!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Me and my sidekick left the house last night at 8:15 and back in the driveway by 9:15. :cool: Brought home 18 crappie all 10" plus and 2/8" bluegill. We threw back probably another 10 crappie and gills that were smaller. Pretty darn good for an hour and my son proclaimed that this reservoir is now his favorite to fish at. ha! Crappie have not spawned yet.... but males are very dark colored and the females are fat with eggs still.

View attachment 8

Not very impressive scenery since the new reservoir is right on the edge of town, but had the whole place to our selves. Most days there are 2 or 3 people at the old res. and very rarely anyone at the new res. Locals i have talked to say they can't catch fish in this reservoir and it is not worth fishing. Shhhh.

View attachment 9

My son was using a chart/red leadfree 1/24.

I was using an orange/white chub head jig. Not positive about the weight, guessing maybe 1/32.

View attachment 1

Ended up being a late night for me cleaning fish, 40 pieces of fish into the freezer makes it worth it.

View attachment 2

Attachments

• 100_7388_e.jpg
    100_7388_e.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_7393_e.jpg
    100_7393_e.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_7395_e.jpg
    100_7395_e.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_7397_e.jpg
    100_7397_e.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_7400_e.jpg
    100_7400_e.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 92

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have not posted these pics or reports on the local fishing forum for Ohio. Will keep it to myself. ;) Of course it is up here, but don't think to many people close by my area are members here.

hookup

Smart man ... made a post like that once on RS & learned my lesson

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the comments. Sure is fun to get out with him and sooooo much better when i can put him in front of some fish.

Hawnjigs - Really no bottom structure to speak of in these upground reservoirs. Of course, main purpose is city water and fishing is last on their minds. They are essentially big bowls standing up out of the flat ground. However.... you can see my son is standing on the rocks next to an outlet drain. There is also an intake somewhere out deeper to be able to draw water into the treatment plant. Honestly no clue where it is. No boats permitted in this reservoir so can't get out over top it to actually find it with my fish finder/flasher. I get out here on the ice.... but avoid the inlet/outlet areas sine they can allow 'iffy' ice over them. I go the long way around on the ice. So far this spring, i have not had to search much farther than about 30 feet from where i park my car.

.......got out again tonight (solo) and the fish have all but disappeared from that particular area. They are pumping in water, so it is up about a foot higher than last time and about half the visibility as last time. Caught 2 crappie and 3 bluegill. But........

View attachment 6

One of the crappie went 14.5"! That makes 2 for me this YEAR at that size. :cool: Picture is pretty bad.... set the camera on the pump structure and used the timer.

Attachments

• 100_7414_e.jpg
    100_7414_e.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 27

StumpHunter

All good looking crappie and close to home to. Looks like you have found a great fishing lake that no others want to fish = Awesome!!

Back