Stick Steering Conversion

papaperch

:jig: Turning my 16' Starcraft side console steering into a stick steering crappie catching machine. Project is not for the faint of heart or the light in the wallet crowd.

Could be done cheaper as I ordered two of Royal Boats " Crappie Throne " pedestal bases. The special idler arm for the port side steering connection was a surprise also.

Will post pix of before and after. You southern fellas are lucky. They sell stick steering rigs right in your back yards. Tried finding one around here in Ohio and was not fortunate to find one already to go.

One thing about doing it myself it will be the way I want it. Now if only my bank account will recover:beat-up:

ScottV

Good luck and keep us up to date with your progress. My last boat was a stick and I loved it. I now have a side console and I've got to get used to it. It's harder to get lined up on my trailer when I'm loading it up now.

StumpHunter

I wish you all the luck with your boat. I have fish out of a panfisher for the last four years. I changed a few things in my boat to make it easy for spider rigging and trolling and lets not forget nightstalking ;)
I look forward to seeing the pics of your boat. Doing the job yourself you will be able to have everything set the way you want it.

Back