Starting Over / New Beginning ?

BucktailJiger

Where would you go if you were going to start over , a new chapter in your life ? You got the finances to cover it .
Has to be in the states .

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! I was thinking North..... Dakotas or Montana ......out in the middle of nothing away from people, TV's and electronics. :) I would like some mountains in the distance too. Could easily live the life of a hermit.

Jig Man said:
The Keys...

Muskygary

Depends on what you like to do for hobbies. In the winter as well as the summer. That should narrow your choices.

NorCoMike

Some where north as long as there is good fishing and has more than a couple weeks of a hardwater season Colorado is lacking on ice fishing seasons in the last couple of years!

dbeam

If the money was available and I could do summer/winter homes I would do Maine, and Louisiana.
If only one spot, then somewhere close to the NC coast. Within an hour of saltwater, puts you in some great freshwater territory.

Darrell

HairyMooseKnuckles

Lake Tahoe. It's the one place I wasn't disappointed to see.

You know how you always picture a pkace in your mind and then when you get there it isn't what you pictured? Tahoe is the one place that was better than I could have ever dreamed. I instantly fell in love.

Fatman

If I had to make a split I'd have the place here in Vermont and a house somewhere down south where I could go around fishing all over!! They really need to come up with a National fishing license!!!!!!!

Pepop

plateboater said:
Mississippi.................... I WANT TO CRAPPIE FISH FULL TIME!

Brilliant minds think alike! I just can't figure out why WE are thinking the same thing!?!?:huh::huh:

dmm26

Since I don't live in the states, and haven't traveled there much I'd want to live somewhere that has, mild winters, close to a few lakes and has all of the insanely cheap fast food restaurants that I see commercials for and want to try! Like sonic, steak & shake, White Castle, jack in the box, etc.

In short, if there is somewhere as described above. That's where I would start over

PanfishHunter

Man, i love Houston, and i'd definitely have to stay in texas, there's my texan pride coming out, but I'd have to go in the San Marcos or Austin area. The guadalupe, San Marcos, Colorado, and Comal all near there. Some beautiful scenery out there and great fly fishing. If i ever were to move out of texas, i'm thinking MO, i just visited Springfield, and i loved it, beautiful place, and they have a giant Bass Pro Shops there!

StumpHunter

South Carolina. I'm an hour from trout fishing, five hours to the coast and have Hartwell within 30 minutes plus 6 other big lakes within an hour or and hour and a half. Hunting is great and if you like to fish swamps they are here too. I like to pan of gold and you are right in the middle of two rich states for gold history. Plus here you can buy my jigs:)

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

hookup

Pennsylvania around Harrisburg, with the occasional drive up to Maine, from late March to late October for river small mouth fishing to live

&

for the winter, somewhere around St Martins March, FL for reds, snook, and the occational venture inland for largemouth and dinner plate sized panfish

dbeam

StumpHunter said:
South Carolina. I'm an hour from trout fishing, five hours to the coast and have Hartwell within 30 minutes plus 6 other big lakes within an hour or and hour and a half. Hunting is great and if you like to fish swamps they are here too. I like to pan of gold and you are right in the middle of two rich states for gold history. Plus here you can buy my jigs:)

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I am from Hickory, I used to do a lot of textile machinery repairs around your part of SC. I is really nice. A good friend of mine is moving to Anderson to rep for a big wholesale tackle supplier, after he get settle I hope to get a chance at some of those big Hartwell Stripers.

Darrell

papaperch

My wife agrees with Stumphunter. She absolutely loves S. Carolina . I am more of a S. Dakota type guy. Guess its true opposites do attract.

S. Dakota hardly fits the mild winter requirement though. So my choice would be S. Carolina also.

Back