Squeaky Smackdown today!!

Squeakyboatcaptain

Started the day out by heading to Lake Tawakoni to try and get a day on the water....I launched the boat, but didn't get far..... the lake was ROUGH!!! looked like the ocean instead of a lake....had some 4' rollers coming through....So packed up the boat, and headed over to lake Fork again to hit my little honey hole ( it's only about 25 miles east of Tawakoni)
Soon as I got to my little hole....it was game on!!! The fish were stacked on the spot...There were a lot of small ones there, but the big ones were mixed up in there as well. I caught about 15 small ones to every keeper...action was steady from about 930 til about 330!! it was unbelievable!! I know I caught over 200 fish today... Only 19 keepers, but it was one heck of a day!!! Also caught one big cat...My son loves catfish, so he came home as well!!
1334271442.jpg
1334271490.jpg
1334271461.jpg
1334271550.jpg

I was having so much fun....didnt realize how sunburned I was until I got home!!! OUCH!!! You old timers remember your sunscreen!!! You know who you are!! LOL

Squeakyboatcaptain

All but 3 of them were Males...... What I find really odd....is that they are all White Crappie.....I used to only catch Black Crappie back in that cove....Never caught a White back there before this year.... Maybe it's just one type at a time is back there???

Fatman

Congrats Jerry!!!! Nice mess of fish!!!!You keep this up with your time off and when you go back to work you'll be suffering from the DT"s!!!! due to no fishing!!!

Squeakyboatcaptain

The colors of the day were my Red tailed minner and Sunshine.
1332461119.jpg
1331342394.jpg

I caught them under a cork....casting just the jig, and also with a spinner with one of these his on it. I think they would have bit a bare hook with toilet paper wrapped on it today!!

Fatman

I remember when you posted those from the first pic you were complainin that the paint jobs weren't up to par for you, and here you go slammin the fishy's with them!!!!!!! Again great catch and thanks for the update on how you got them.

Back