spinners

tsdunigan

looking to put some tail spins on 1/16oz jig heads ,what size roller swivels and blades should i use?
And where is a good place to get some? I was thinking of running over the hook point and tying in place then hiding with chennile,think this will work?

StumpHunter

There are some pictures on jigs with tail spinners on CJ but not sure where. I have a few I made but have not used them yet. I used a barrel swivel and tied it off in the bend of the sickle hook and super glued the thread. It may get in the way but I don't think it will.

Attachments

• mis pics of 2012 009.jpg
    mis pics of 2012 009.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 72

LedHed

Sponsor
I like the roller and crane swivels. Butt rings or jump rings are easier to use then split rings. Saw some at Wal Mart for $2 - Mcmaster Carr has them in stainless, netcraft might have thme too.

Got a bunch of black crane #7s if you want to do a swap....

Nice tye SH

tsdunigan

thanks for the info, every body I,ll give them a try and see what happens ,that is what I love about this hobby, ADDICTION... the mind just runs wild , just wish the pockets deep enough to fund all the ideas, The materials just keep building,I'm gonna have to remodel !!!! my jig tying room/man cave!!!

Jigging15

Here is a variation of the tail spin that I do really well with. I believe it is a #12 swivel and a #0 willow blade and maybe a #0 snap ring. Would have to look to be sure. It will slide over the hook unless using a heavy wire hook. I will tie a bunch of these on and cover with hard as nails and let hang until dry. Then I go back and tie in talk and body materials.
photo-2208.jpg

Jigging15

Of you have trouble just hollar. I will try to explain how I do it or could send you some pics of needed. I just use a figure 8 when tying it to the hook and them just a normal finish knot.

Fatman

If you tied them in with Kevlar thread you might be able to bypass the hard as nails step??? and then tie up twice as many in time saved with the hard as nails??

Jigging15

They may not need the hard as nails. I just like to make sure everything stays put on the jigs I make and sell. I have found it to be faster if I tie on the spinners all at once and then go back and tie the tail and body. Less stuff in the way when tying also. I may tie a few for myself with our the hard as nails and see if the spinner moves around any.

Back