Speed Shad Packaging

duffy

Ordered some BP Speed shad's to give a try and noticed that they were packaged in a clamshell pack. Also noticed that some of the other brands (keitech) came that way and wondered if the reason was to keep them from getting smashed. I wanted to put them in my regular tackle binders but don't know if it'll put a kink in their style. Anyone just throw these type of baits in their zipper lock soft bait bags with no ill effects?
Thanks.

walleyescrounger

duffy said:
Ordered some BP Speed shad's to give a try and noticed that they were packaged in a clamshell pack. Also noticed that some of the other brands (keitech) came that way and wondered if the reason was to keep them from getting smashed. I wanted to put them in my regular tackle binders but don't know if it'll put a kink in their style. Anyone just throw these type of baits in their zipper lock soft bait bags with no ill effects?
Thanks.

I would keep them in their clamshell . These style of baits work best when not deformed from normal storage methods. My 2 cents

hookup

For small mouth bass, I fish from a kayak, so space is limited. I'll take the keitechs and put them in a plastic bag in a small tackle box. Smallies don't care

If I'm in a "real" boat, I keep them in the clam shells in a much bigger tackle box

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I try to keep them in the clam pack but have put some in bags and then squeezed into plano boxes. Never really noticed too much distortion. If they have that big boot tail, hard to keep it from thumping. I have a much worse time with the big 5" Kalin's Lunker Grub tails. If those get folded up and then packed away for a while, the fold stays permanent in the tail and it no longer twists like it should. Have wondered if i could slowly reheat the bad ones and sort of iron out the crease in them.

duffy

Thanks for the input. I was an easy fix, I just cut the clamshell down to fit in the zipper bags of my tackle binder and we're good to go. The top of the clamshell is just a flat for the label and hanger so it makes no difference. A little more bulky in the bag but should keep them perfect and easy to carry.

Back