Spearing Teaser

SaltyBuckster

New to me.Tied 10 of these last night for some guys,while they waited,of course.They told me what they wanted and said that they were just as they should be.lol.

Attachments

• DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 66

SaltyBuckster

Here Doc.This one is yellow overall with some whilte smeared through out the sides.Black stripe that gets smaller when wet.Chartruese pearl flash on a 5/0 hook.The all white ones worked good,but the actual baitfish when in my hand had a yellowish tint to it.

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 37

toadfrog

Still look like a striper jig to me . Bet a nickle you can fish them the same way and drag in a boat full of fish.

SaltyBuckster

See Doc,you got me started again,lol.Here's the black striped one and a olive striped one.Both 5/0.Toad it was amazing catching 12" flounder with these things.Once spring hits and the boat is done,stripers are next on the agenda.

Attachments

• DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 28

blt

Your not to far off what guys use to "long line" at Indian river inlet Doc. Sinker or jig on bottom, teaser about 20" up on about an 8-12 " leader. Don't think I would use a Uni Knot, dropper (Kiwi knot) works better because it points straight out from the line, and helps fight tangles. That Uni makes it point straight down.

Salty....Stripers are off the coast of De. right now. Most by boat, but they are catching some from the sand also. Del. State Seashore Park. About 6 miles below Rehoboth, just north of Indian river inlet. The run seems to be really early this year.

Fatman

Nice Salty!!!!!!!! I'd love to fish out there but my biggest problem would be out in that rocking boat!!!!!!!! Can you say puke bucket or leaning over the side!!!!

Back