Somebodies been watching us.

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
Saw them famous words there too ((patent pending)) don't know what he is getting the patent on. Dang sure hope it aint the round ball head jig.

LedHed

Sponsor
Got a guy out here trying to sell belly spinners and now he's added autos...... Everybody can always imitate - the trick is to duplicate.

Missed the patent pending - really???? Now I gotta look again. Why not - it's been done for horse/pony heads...

Seems like this guy has been around for a while - great lookin tye.

Bucko

I dont mind if people tie my original ties for themselves but hate when they take credit for it. a local guy that a know imitated one of mine then told me I couldn't sell it.... after I gave him a few to try out.... I settled that the old fashioned way. he used his right eye to see for a while...

toadfrog

Here is what he is trying to patent . Thanks Dough ttp://www.google.com/patents/USD688771

fishhunter775

Future Sponsor
toadfrog, well that is sure interesting, I give junglejim credit for that style as I can remember him doing the flash gut jigs at least 9 or 10 years ago this way. Dang whats next lol.

toadfrog

Sure nuff , Those were pretty nasty . We haven't done work like that on our worst hung over day .

Bucho

toadfrog said:
Here is what he is trying to patent . Thanks Dough ttp://www.google.com/patents/USD688771

wow, that guy serious? Sure has nerves. You pull that off over here, and there`s a hoard of underfed lawyers that will sue you for more than you`ll ever earn with such "patent".

Pup

I guess I just don't understand how anyone can achieve a patent on a tie. Repeating a design to exact specifications would be a problem for every tie. From what I've read, pirates who create knock offs change original designs by about 10-20 percent and then go ahead and produce similar product. So, patents for jigs and flies would seem like a waste of time and money to me. Maybe someone else can convince me otherwise. ;)

toadfrog

He is just trying to buy time I think . Maybe scare of local competition for a while . Bet he knows darn well there will be no patent issued .

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Intellectual property rights? haha!!!

How any patent can still hold for RR's is beyond me...... but they are such a huge company and have scouts scouring the web, doing the dirty work and reporting back making sure that no one is selling their stuff. Only payment they have to give the grunts is to allow THEM to sell their stuff under certain conditions. It is the perfect symbiotic relationship that is hard to beat. They sure seem to know exactly what they want and how to do it. Smart company. How they can prevent the 'knock-off's' that are truly different is beyond me.

Something tells me that the BimboSkunk Co. just doesn't have the backing to do all that.

Back