84.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Jig 10.JPG
    Jig 10.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 90
  • Jig 11.JPG
    Jig 11.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 90

eyecrosser

Thanks to you all for the support. I use kiptail a lot for jigging crappie through the ice or other cold water applications. Slight but deadly action. Crappie at The Glen really seem to like the red flash in there also. As proven by catch rates without it. A rig I use often out there is a Kastmaster style spoon with one of my jigs 12-14" above it. Pound the bottom to grab their attention. If they are in a neutral to negative mood you see them come in,look at the spoon, give it a little jiggle and they head straight up for the jig. Money in the bank. Thanks again.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice looking jigs - really like the white/red combos and smaller gill/bugger ties.

I have learned about the dropper spoon method where a Kastmaster or other weighted spoon is used by removing the treble and replacing it with a short (2"-3") drop line or chain to a small hook or jig that can be dressed or baited. This is the first i have heard to do it the opposite way to put the Kastmaster on the bottom and jig above. Interesting idea! I know the spoon dropper is a killer so may have to try your way as well. Thanks for the idea.

Back