Some more v-spins and slab frame reworks

Fatman

Did some wire work today to get a stock up. Re-worked slab frames and v-spin (beetel spins) frames.

100_3998.jpg

100_3996.jpg

Fatman

BK - that was one reason I re-worked them to the above. I owed a favor and sent some to another member and he's already tested them and they work pretty good according to him.

StumpHunter

Nice wire frames Doug. You asked before and I forgot to reply until I seen this post. I did have to adjust the frames just a little so the jigs would run correctly but only a little adjustments were needed.

Fatman

With all the bends and twists that go into making these I figured some adjustments were going to be needed, the ones I sent you were .024 and the new ones above are .029 wire a little heavier but I wanted some of each size. The problem with the .029 wire is that the Netcraft wire former comes with a flexible steel rod and it will only make spring coils for .029. I found a piece a bit bigger out in the garage and while it worked I hope to find one piece a little bit smaller so the coils get held better.

Really glad they worked out for you, nice to know they worked the way I made them up.

Fatman

I'll put some in the swap box, I think you're right after me. I try not to make too many as they take a while forming by hand.

Back