Some more steelie ties

smallieslayer

First is what i call the dos bead rabbit tail and the 2nd is a krystal worm bugger. Let me knw wht you guys think.View attachment 1

Attachments

• SDC12017 (640x480).jpg
    SDC12017 (640x480).jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 77
  • SDC12149 (640x480).jpg
    SDC12149 (640x480).jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 77

SaltyBuckster

Great looking jigs.Really nice the way that you stuck it in the cork of your fishing rod for the pic.Really makes the pic POP.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Really like that krystal worm. Could see using that general style to mimic mayfly larva..... maybe in a slightly more muted color. :p Crappie should really eat that with those colors tho. Chromers beware.

Shoemoo

I've never seen the Beau-Mac style jigs tied with a rabbit tail. How did you pull the zonker through the beads?

I tied up some chenille worms like the second pic thinking to imitate the pink plastic worms, but I have not had a chance to try them yet. The steelies haven't made it up this far in any numbers yet. Let me know how yours perform.

smallieslayer

Shoemoo said:
I've never seen the Beau-Mac style jigs tied with a rabbit tail. How did you pull the zonker through the beads?

I tied up some chenille worms like the second pic thinking to imitate the pink plastic worms, but I have not had a chance to try them yet. The steelies haven't made it up this far in any numbers yet. Let me know how yours perform.

Thanks everyone
I love working with rabbit its imo the best material for steelhead,just the way it pulsates in the water not only drives the fish crazy but it drives me crazy:D. I wanted to offer something to the steelhead world that they havent seen before so i sat at my bench and came up with the dos bead rabbit tail and let me tell you it works very well. How i tie it up is i pull it through with braided line, tie it in and glue it in place. As for the the worm buggers they work like magic and shoemoo as soon as the metal gets to you there shouldnt be no problem catching those buggers with the ones you tied up...good luck and thanks

smalljaw

I like the rabbit myself, these are extremely nice and the krystal worm bugger look like a bonafide fish killer, very nice work!!

Back