just under an ounce. Fish Hair ... 3/0 Mustad O'Shan---

View attachment 3

Attachments

• Geofr Boys.jpg
    Geofr Boys.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 133

Pup

The Grand Kids are going to catch some fish. :cool:

If I ever get an opportunity to jig deep for musky, I'd like to try fishing a few 1-oz. jigs tied with Fish Hair.

JSC

Have not had a chance to try Muskies ... maybe one of these days.
I have got to check a little further on FisHair as I am not sure they are still in business.
Anyone heard ???

toadfrog

I have a mold that makes a head like that I think in a 1/16 and a 1/4 . I have no Idea who made it but it is a machined mold . I know one thing that shape of a head won't jump out of the mold into your hand . Those require some work . Think those kids are going to kick some fish butt . I see those on a beetle spin.

Jig Man

Nice jigs sir, bet the GK's are gonna have a blast with those. I'm gonna be tying up some 1 once stuff purdy soon, getting ready to head south!

JSC

Pup I checked it out ... last time it was not up .. last time I ordered "Crimped Nylon" they were out and issued a refund instead of Back Ordering it and I suspected they were getting out of it .
Thanx for the comments ..
TF My molds for these were made by Ament .. it was his production molds ... pressed aluminum. ... He also had it in a multi cavity/size .. cast aluminum

toadfrog

JSC I'll get a pick of my mold . It is one heavy dude . Some one may know it or might be for all I know an Ament .

toadfrog

View attachment 9View attachment 8View attachment 7View attachment 6
These are not the original handles . Pretty solid chunk of aluminum . Throws a tiny flash but nothing that can't be removed by a finger nail . It is almost impossible to tell a difference in size . There is a bout .010 difference . Pretty sure it is not an Ament . When I got it the very back sprue was tiny for some reason . I reworked it so it would stop spitting hot lead at me .

Attachments

• custom mold 1 001.jpg
    custom mold 1 001.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 43
  • custom mold 1 002.jpg
    custom mold 1 002.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 44
  • custom mold 1 003.jpg
    custom mold 1 003.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 43
  • custom mold 1 004.jpg
    custom mold 1 004.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 43
  • custom mold 1 005.jpg
    custom mold 1 005.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 44

JSC

Could possibly be a AMENT Custom made mold ?? it is hinged the way he did on custom/production models .. The more I look at it the more machined rather than pressed it looks .... The metal does not look the same as the way it came out with Ament ?? The Sprues do not look like any I have ever seen of Ament.
Maybe some one else knows ... LH have you run in to any thing similar to this ??

:huh: :skunked:

LedHed

Sponsor
Excellent work JSC - need a fish report..

Hinge (looks thinner) & sprue don't look Ament. Cavities aren't consistent either. All the custom Ament molds I have seen have smooth clean surfaces. Cool mold though - think it was a machinist messin around.....

toadfrog

Kinda thought the same as you Led . I haven't ever had an Ament other than the catalog ones . So I had no experience to fall back on .

JSC

I sent the boys home with about 50 mostly 3/8 wobble heads yesterday and had a few 1/4 that I finished off this am .. they are mostly "Clipped Off" - "Pompano Style" ... I left them the job to coat the threads with Epoxy.

View attachment 3

Attachments

• 14CHWEJigs.jpg
    14CHWEJigs.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 19
Back