some mo fleas

papaperch

mofleas.jpg

Trying a few more different approaches. Was going to try them today but chest cold has me floored right now.

Very seldom get colds but when I do they make up for lost time.

Len

Again thanks for the flea information. I tried the ones I made through the ice last night and the gills would not leave them alone and that was without being tipped with live bait!!!

papaperch

Kinda figured they would work for ya. They have worked where ever I have taken them. Another thing you are going to notice is the bite to catch ratio is enhanced by these. My theory is that they weight so little that when Mr. Panfish sucks them in they fly deep into mouth giving the angler more time to set the hook.

By the way don't be too surprised to see slab crappies jump all over these things too. Once won a bet with an ice buddy of mine.He believed nothing would outfish small minnows thru the ice. Bet me he would catch 2 to my 1 as far as crappies were concerned. Too be honest he did catch more crappie than me that day. Something like 24-17 dont remember exact numbers. What I do remember is I had a bucket of gills to go with those crappies. He had around the 24 Crappies but not 1 gill.
Breakfast tasted just a little better next morning enroute to fishing hole again. Course he hit me up for about 2 dozen of those fleas. So in a sense I still lost , but gotta admit I love my " told ya sos "

papaperch

Yes you have to open the holes somewhat. Craftshops sell a bead reamer but I prefer my electric drill. Try to find a pair of pliers that holds the bead without crushing it.

toadfrog

Get a pair of cheapo pliers and drill a hole through the jaws. Holds the beads and you can make crimps with them too.

Back