soft plastic hybrids

SPOONMINNOW

Oops, I forgot this forum is about tying materials on jigs, not soft plastics. Here are some examples using soft plastic only:
c4CO2So.jpgfNwQiEk.jpg5D3tULz.jpg
J2vho6X.jpg8HrMYzl.jpgpnoQat9.jpg

gG79Ldv.jpgZUZL9Oo.jpgosw8PwR.jpg
rE9X0pm.jpg0Y0m5Ra.jpgBWmcc4h.jpg
qPSvEwd.jpgzWKGuYC.jpg71gncAD.jpg

BaITEDU.jpg4zT9DjK.jpgcDz5G3g.jpg

Last edited:

Jig Man

Welcome to Jig Craft Senkosam, there is a lot of good information and history here... Now that is some interesting ingenuity... Keep um coming

Hawnjigs

KISS
Paddle tails are my choice for walleye, and faster moving straight tail stick baits for wiper.

Trouting today a simple orange rabbit fur red-orange head pearl Flashabou tied jig seriously outfished bait dunkers.

Hawnjigs

KISS
You said it - right place, right time, right way.

As for the irritation factor, long ago in a land far away as an ignorant pup I harrassed nest guarding tucunare aka peacock bass into biting a bare treble hook. Deeply regret now disrupting a sacred event but learning to do the right thing is often the result of doing the wrong thing.

jiggerjohn

Actually, all these great shapes in small plastics go very well with material tied jigs! Long ago, an old, wise fishing partner proved on-the-water that a combo of a tied jig WITH a short plastic trailer performed better than either one alone! And recently I can certainly verify that your shapes, especially the top pictured spoonminnows or spoontads, go really well with a single,simple 1" mop necked jighead!.The mop "body",tied underneath, provides a subtle swishing side-to-side motion that really activates those ultra thin tails!

SPOONMINNOW

Great observation! I have the opportunity to fish shallow water in the wetlands (2.5' deep) where fish of most species are schooled together. If the mop by itself doesn't do as well there as in my pond, I'd be shocked. Adding a plastic quiver tail should really piss them off! Too bad the water is too shallow for a float.

Back