rq1wYAN.jpg VDhsgKS.jpg AKwomrm.jpgFZJuG5F.jpgViT6FQT.jpg
two grub bodies minus curl tails:
gFZ59We.jpg[]bc47gBY.jpg

Claw from a bass crawdad worm added tp a grub body:
ULSz7t8.jpg DgO1xfH.jpg
zB7hG2j.jpg9vm3rYd.jpgWqLLzTn.jpgRQ5YNGd.jpg

A white sucker - a first!
s6vDA3T.jpg tWQZgQc.jpg

Very important: note the different fish species caught on some of the same lure designs.

Last edited:

Jig Man

Welcome to Jig Craft Senkosam, there is a lot of good information and history here... Now that is some interesting ingenuity... Keep um coming

Hawnjigs

Future Sponsor
Paddle tails are my choice for walleye, and faster moving straight tail stick baits for wiper.

Trouting today a simple orange rabbit fur red-orange head pearl Flashabou tied jig seriously outfished bait dunkers.

SPOONMINNOW

Good thing I don't depend on creating imitations of food that fish normally consume. Not too many embrace the idea that fish attack a lure - not to eat it necessarily - but to simply stop it from being irritating! I compare it to someone using a feather on me while I'm in a REM sleep. No way I'm not going to be p.o.'d, and fish of any age react the same way. Irritants irritate regardless of color or material, with the strike dependent on lure size, shape and action. Of this my mind is closed.

The photos in the post or any others I post in the future, will consistently confirm the above. I would rather say, fish bit this [object name per description] rather than what many would expect it named after some real life prey animal. For example, in the initial post the white sucker was caught on a: Crappie Magnet tail/grub body - that anyone can make BTW.

Of course, those [objects] in the right hands, fished the right way and in the right places are more likely to catch sedate or active fish.

Last edited:

Hawnjigs

Future Sponsor
You said it - right place, right time, right way.

As for the irritation factor, long ago in a land far away as an ignorant pup I harrassed nest guarding tucunare aka peacock bass into biting a bare treble hook. Deeply regret now disrupting a sacred event but learning to do the right thing is often the result of doing the wrong thing.

SPOONMINNOW

Makes you question the century-old claim that natural does as natural is when it comes to lures. In a small minority of cases a good lure may look and move naturally but in the majority of cases lures simply push buttons along the later line regardless of a coincidental imitation. A chartreuse curl tail is just one example of 1000's.

Brings up memories of me catching fish under a Hopkins Spoon through holes in the ice or a Johnson Silver Minnow Spoon worked through weeds. The actions and shapes of both were as unnatural as you can get yet caught bass and panfish. Of course enhancements were added for that extra bite me! attractant such as waxies for the Hopkins and a black # 11 Uncle Josh pork frog for the JSM. Bet those combinations would still work in the waters I fish and any similar to them.

Tradition rules when it comes to what catches fish along with any spinoffs regardless how far off the design. Still laugh at the claim that fish stop biting certain lures because too many fish were caught on them in one lake.

Amazing the words of wisdom passed down to the unsuspecting. More amazing is continuing to believe those words when experience speaks otherwise.

Last edited: