So what do you collect?

Shoemoo

Besides molds, powder paint, fur, feathers and all the rest of the stuff used to make jigs?

I collect Chuck E. Cheese stuff, from the period when he wore the red derby hat. So late 70s to approximately mid-90s. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the pizza rat. Especially the early days when he was definitely a rat with a snarky attitude and a cigar.

1_fa06ed982a4946bad88863250b8f42b3.jpg

[video=youtube]

LRB

I collect license plates....from 1959 on back.....Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Texas and Missouri are the only plates I collect....its been a fun hobby...:)

ML...:fishing:

Attachments

• 10321755_785536178124141_2038565959080477047_o.jpg
    10321755_785536178124141_2038565959080477047_o.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 1538937_725366604141099_1336758597_n.jpg
    1538937_725366604141099_1336758597_n.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 10475998_762020663859191_7980676707978345656_n.jpg
    10475998_762020663859191_7980676707978345656_n.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 135

Shoemoo

Now that's awesome. How many plates do you have total? Everyone feel free to post pics of stuff you like from your collections. :)

Here's the pride and joy of mine:

IMAG0417_1.jpg

This plush doll was made in 1978, when they only had two stores. They sold two sizes for a short time. This is the smaller one that was discontinued first. I bought it last year from a former employee who had it stored in her basement for at least thirty years. This is the only one known, and possibly the only one that still exists. Until I bought it, no one in the CEC collector community was even aware there was more than one size. I didn't find out the story behind it until I managed to get in contact with the President of the company at the time.

And that bigger version? It's slightly more common. Emphasis on slightly. There are FOUR known survivors. Yeah, early CEC merchandise is rare as hell. They started really small and turned over merchandise quickly.

Plus no one cared about saving toys back then. But if anyone's got CEC stuff from the period I collect from and they want to sell, let me know. :D

LRB

Shoemoo said:
Now that's awesome. How many plates do you have total? Everyone feel free to post pics of stuff you like from your collections. :)

IMAG0417_1.jpg

This plush doll was made in 1978, when they only had two stores. They sold two sizes for a short time. This is the smaller one that was discontinued first. I bought it last year from a former employee who had it stored in her basement for at least thirty years. This is the only one known, and possibly the only one that still exists. Until I bought it, no one in the CEC collector community was even aware there was more than one size. I didn't find out the story behind it until I managed to get in contact with the President of the company at the time.

And that bigger version? It's slightly more common. Emphasis on slightly. There are FOUR known survivors. Yeah, early CEC merchandise is rare as hell. They started really small and turned over merchandise quickly.

Plus no one cared about saving toys back then. But if anyone's got CEC stuff from the period I collect from and they want to sell, let me know. :D

I have never counted how many plates, I have collected....guess, I'm afraid to ...LOL !!....:D

HairyMooseKnuckles

LRB said:
Shoemoo said:

IMAG0417_1.jpg

I have never counted how many plates, I have collected....guess, I'm afraid to ...LOL !!....:D

I have a fair share of knives both custom and production. I used to make a few myself, but I never was great at it.

hookup

I use to collect menneken pis statues. The statue is Belgium's version of the US Statue of Liberty. As a kid, my family & I would visit Belgium every year and I'd get one cast in bronze. (Dad was stationed in Germany)

secreto_manneken_pis_3173.jpg

Then one day I went through my boxes of stuff & found them & decided what do I want these for? So decided to throw one up on eBay and get a couple bucks. Amazingly I got $175 and went wtf? So I threw another up and again, $140. Turned out my collection pocketed me about $1,500. After the third or fourth sale, I noticed a pattern. I don't do paypal, check only & then I send when the check cashs. The pattern was lime green, pink, and baby blue letterhead, floral writing, and guys named Brucey or Markey would buy them. Mmmmmm.

Also collected two stroke motorcycles and restored them. After 30 years, got tired of that and sold everything to a collector in Kentucky who was huge into Scientology. Easiest deal I ever made, trucked them to Beckley WV, unhooked the uhaul from my truck, hooked it onto his, and he counted out a stack of benjies - schweeet!

Here was the prize of the collection

Suzuki%20RG250%2084.jpg

Also owned RD400's. 77rd400-blue-side-shot-usa-300w.jpg

Still have my stamp collection. Started in cub scouts, grandfather gave me his, then a couple g/friends gave me theirs. Should sell it one day too.

hunter7711

I have a complete duck stamp collection, both federal and every state stamp ever issued. Every year I take the time to add all the new ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

AllenOK

I used to collect coins. Started when I was a teen, working cash registers at a burger joint. I would catch an honest silver dime in circulation about once a month or so. About 15 years ago I bought a metal detector. I really started getting older coins then. LedHed would probably have a litter of kittens if he saw the collection I had. I liquidated the bulk of my coins and jewelry stash several years ago after I stopped with the metal detectors and got into fishing. I still have some coins, but that's mostly stuff I don't plan on giving up.

Now, like a lot of us, it seems like I collect fishing equipment and lures. Several years ago, some of my local fishing buddies found a really hot lure that worked great on Striped Bass here. The Rebel T10 "Jumping Minnow". Shortly after everyone figured out which lure was doing all the catching, the stores put them all on clearance! Apparently, Rebel only makes these once every 5 years or so. Once I learned that, I started buying all of these I could, when I saw them. Now, I have over a dozen of them, most still in original packaging. I've found that these lures work great as a topwater "walk-the-dog" stickbait, but the stock hooks are only good for LMBs in still water, such as lakes or ponds. Stripers, in river current, need heavier-duty hooks. So, the versions of these that are in my "Striper" box have premium hooks, and I will usually dress the rear treble.

Shoemoo

Meet my latest acquisition and newest project. The big cheese himself. Going to get him restored and running again like the one in the video. :D

Chuck%20Bot.jpg

AllenOK

Hawn, I'll pick up snagged gear myself. Having a kayak, I will often make a patrol around the shoreline, looking for stuff. I usually get a whole bunch of floats, most of which I give to kids. Lures, on the other hand, end up getting reconditioned (if needed), and put into my tackle boxes.

hookup

I've collected a few lures that were meant for the squirrels too.

Still have an old one I found up north all marked up with teeth bites that works well. The other's are all in various stages of refurbishing

JUNGLEJIM1

Actively collecting and polishing rocks. Have a large Baseball card collection stashed in a closet and also have a small coin collection.

Back