So THIS is where all the cool kids hang out!

quivira kid

Attica, thanks for the invite! If you don't know me from that other place, my name is Zac and I'm a fly fishing addict. Really, I fish with whatever tackle is in my hands, but my preferred method is with a fly. If not, at least something I had a hand in making!
Waterfowl hunting is my main addiction. When I'm not out in a field or at the lake, I have my vise in front of me 3/4 of the time. Everything from crappie jigs to size 20 trout flies!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the conversations...

Zac

toadfrog

I second that show some pics. I don't think I can even see a 20 trout fly. by the way I haven't even seen a trout in 15 yrs.

quivira kid

Thanks guys! I will definitely post some fly pics. Most of my flies are size 8 to 12, and patterns focused on bluegills and crappie. I just got serious about jigs about mid-summer and have picked up a bunch of tips from some of you "pros" on CdC.

Zac

StumpHunter

Welcome to JC. I will be looking for the pics of your flies. My eyes are not what they use to be so I won't be tying any flies in size 20,that is small LOL.

skeetbum

What up Kid. I don't get out much but this is one of the places I wind up. I gotta get some recipes for crappie flies for the spring, wont have time to get em done for the fall. Good to see you here, I'll let you know when I get off the ground with the flies.......Tim

quivira kid

Thank ya, fellas! Skeet, give me a shout when you are ready to talk flies... I'm full of opinions and theories. Most flies I use are simple! I hate tying something on that I wouldn't want to hang in a tree or on a rock.

Went out tonight with my 3-wt, and had 3 crappie between 9 and 10" and a half dozen or so hand-size bluegills in about an hour. Size 12 black Mohair leech. If you tie super small jigs (1/64 or less), pick up a spool of Uni brand Mohair in black. Tie in a little bit of black rabbit for a tail, use that mohair for a body, on a 1/80-oz silver or orange headed jig... It's like crack for bluegills!

Back