Smallmouth Guys"Pick One"

SaltyBuckster

I'm in a dilema,I'll let you guys choose.The jigs are both 1/8 oz. with a size 2 sickle.The top one is orange bucktail with brown craft fur over it.Both heads are satin black with black thread.The bottom one is palmered orange marabou and a palmered brown in front.Both have execellent action.Which one ??

Attachments

• DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 139

SaltyBuckster

One more choice.Guess what it is since we are on the smallmouth topic.I know that I have to seperate the legs,but the material looked good.Mabe some black pearl chenille also.

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 124

JUNGLEJIM1

Since the bucktail fibers are hollow the tail should come up resembling pincers and look more natural so I would pick the bucktail,the marabou jig looks fine as well. Both should work. I'm big on the rubber legs so the bottom jig would be a good swimmer with lot's of action. All will do the job.

LedHed

Sponsor
I agree with everyone on this post, even though I'm not a bass guy. They all look like they will work - great tyes.

Fatman

Okay in really cold water I'd go with the bucktail one, in warmer water the maribou is gonna undulate more for extra action so you need to carry both. And the second one I think you're trying to mimic a hellgramite

cadman

I'd go with the bucktail as well. Both of those colors will catch smallies, no doubt about it.

Back