Slider Heads

ScottV

A friend of mine poured these wobble heads in 1/4 and 1/8 oz sizes. I powder painted them and dressed them with bucktail and zonker.
IMG_5652.jpg
IMG_5653.jpg

ScottV

I'm gonna spider rig them slowly moving around. Slow trolling you might say. They wobble from side to side at 1.5 to 2 mph. Should be a lot of action with the zonkers. I don't know what the official name is for them but the guy that poured them called them sliders.

StumpHunter

They look real good. Good job adding the bucktail and zonker to them. I would like to try them longlining. One more thing I need to try:D

flatsrat76

StumpHunter said:
They look real good. Good job adding the bucktail and zonker to them. I would like to try them longlining. One more thing I need to try:D

Hey StumpHunter
What is longlining?? The longline fishing I know of is used for commercial fishing.....

ScottV

I found out that they are "Wobble Jigs" from Cabelas like flatsrat76 said. My buddy called them "sliders" and I didn't know better. The longlining I've done is simply trolling with about 30 ft. of line around 1.5 to 2 mph using jigs. I normally tie a horsehead on the end of the line and a jig around 18 inches up. I use the rod holders in the front of the boat.

StumpHunter

flatsrat76 said:
StumpHunter said:

Hey StumpHunter
What is longlining?? The longline fishing I know of is used for commercial fishing.....

I use my rods off the back of the boat. I will use a 1/8 jig when I want to fish deep and as the fish more up into the creeks will use a 1/16 or a 1/32 jig. When I'm using the 1/8 jig I set the line out at 40' and a speed of .07 will get my jig down to 11' deep. With the 1/16 and 1/32 around 25' of line with speed at .09 and the jig will run at "1/16 @ 8'' "1/32 @ 6'
You have to work with the different weigh jigs and speed to find what the depths are for your setup but this is close to the depth they run. I longlined from Feb til the end of May and then started pulling crankbaits. When the water starts to cool down I will start longlining again. Lot of fun. I can fish out of the back of my boat using the I-pilot on my trolling motor and there is not a lot of work to it, LOL!!

crappiecripplerjigs

Great looking jigs and great description of longlining as well. I'll bet those have some awesome action. Let us know how the fish like them!

ScottV

Guess it will be next week before I try them out now. My fishing partner let me down and my shoulder ain't up to launching by myself yet.

hookup

sloedown said:
I like them but how do you fish them?

I got some of these from the leadfree guy in Hawaii and fished them by slowly dragging them across the river or lake bottom. Drag slow by lifting rod tip 6-8", reel in slack, 'quiver' rod tip by gripping handle hard, pause, repeat.

With a small chuck o' plastic, this jig will catch bass & panfish.

Back