Simple Pike Spinnerbait

Pup

pikespin003_zps0c300f22.jpg

Materials:
  • Eagle Claw 249WA-3/0 Weedless Hook
  • Bullet Weights Rubber Grip Sinker - 1/8 ounce
  • Coats & Clark Trilobal Polyester Embroidery Thread (40-wt.) - temple gold
  • Faceted beads - yellow (3) and red (2)
  • Danville Flymaster Plus Thread (140 denier) - fluorescent yellow
  • Lion Brand Suede Yarn - scarlet
  • Spirit River Real-Eyes Plus 7/32" Dumbbell Eyes - nickel/yellow
  • Diamond willow leaf blade #3-1/2 - silver
  • Ball-bearing snap swivel
  • Saddle hackles - yellow (6) and red (6)
Tie on the tail, body, and eyes. When finished, pinch the end of the wire loop weedguard with needlenose pliers in order to make it thin enough to accept beads. Slide beads over weedguard. Attach snap swivel by spreading its split ring and threading it through the end of the loop. Add the blade and it's ready to fish.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yellow/orange sure is eye appealing. :cool:

Pretty sweet little idea using the weedguard as the spinner arm, guessing the beads would keep it (the spinner) extended out away from the hook pretty well in the water and not a lot of flex left in it.

Love the colors and amazed at how smooth and even the chenille body is knowing there is a rubber core sinker under there.

Did i mention i think i like your color choice??? :jig:

Pup

Thank you for your comments AF and TF. :) This was a fun one to tie. I'm a little surprised at myself for not thinking of this design much earlier as I've been tying on weedless hooks for quite some time now.

AtticaFish said:
Yellow/orange sure is eye appealing. :Cool:

Pretty sweet little idea using the weedguard as the spinner arm, guessing the beads would keep it (the spinner) extended out away from the hook pretty well in the water and not a lot of flex left in it.

This jig appears a little redder when viewed in hand. It does have an orange appearance where the red feather overlays the yellow. :)

I'm hoping that this spinnerbait pulses like the titanium-armed ones. A little flexibility is good, particularly when it comes to willow leaf blades and their tighter, faster rotation. The bait should flash a lot and, perhaps, provide a little thump too. ;)

AtticaFish said:
Love the colors and amazed at how smooth and even the chenille body is knowing there is a rubber core sinker under there.

Trust me. It takes some effort on my part to make the chenille appear smooth and even. Thank you for your nice comment. :)

Back