Shout out to Allen on his 1/80......warriors

plateboater

I believe in making bullet proof jigs! Like to really wear them out on one jig if that is hot. Allens 1/80 have been hot for three weeks. The attached jigs pic are two warriors that I am going to retire! Three weekends in a row. Great durable jigs. Job well done with the jigs my friend. I run 10lb viciousto barrel swivel to #8lb fluro. And I retie after each trip so these jigs actually made it thru about 6 trips

Allen......new pot is here and I have my uncles 1/80 on the bench. I am going to run the 1/80 with a #8 sickle. I hope today!
View attachment 8
View attachment 9

Attachments

• DSCN1928.JPG
    DSCN1928.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0682 (1).JPG
    IMG_0682 (1).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 156

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! That jig has been chewed on some. Sometimes i swear that a beat to hell tied jig/fly works better than a fresh 'perfect' tied version.

plateboater said:
.........1/80 on the bench. I am going to run the 1/80 with a #8 sickle..........

I could use a couple dozen! ha!! :D

AllenOK

Gosh, I'm gonna blush! I didn't even "armor-plate" the bodies of those jigs with counter-wrapped wire ribbing. Those jigs have really taken a beating!

I will say this. I tie in three Ostrich herls by the tip, then twist/furl the herls into something like chenille. Once you get to that point, just wrap the "chenille" like you would any other chenille.

Plateboater, I've got a bunch of 1/80th jigs on size 8 sickle hooks. That size works good for basic crappie jigs, those Marabou Skunks I did a few weeks ago, etc. However, for those "Lil Buggers", a size 10 sickle with a 1/80th head is better. I'm thinking about getting some 1/80th of size 12 sickles, just to see how they work out.

plateboater

No problem Allen.....thanks for the info on the smaller jig hook combos

Attica.....these little guys would be good for ice fishing!!

StumpHunter

Good pictures of the warriors after the fight. Enjoyed the report.

The 1/80 on the size 10 sickles work great, tie a bunch of those but the size 12 sickles tend to be to small for me but each person has their likes and dislikes. Awesome work Allen. .

AllenOK

Thanks Stump. I've got some size 12 1/80th jigs coming in. I'll have to see what it's like tying on those.

Back