Sharpie marker???

Mack

I see that some of you use sharpie markers to put vertical lines on your skirts. I tried this but even after it dried it really stinks. And bad unatural smells repel fish? Anyone have any suggestions?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
The smell disappears after they are in the water for a few minutes. I use finger nail polish on my jig heads and to seal thread sometimes... have finished painting and out fishing them the next day and do catch fish with them.

You could always dip them in some of the juice that the Gulp! stuff comes in, i can't get that smell off of me after a day of fishing with them!

Pup

I haven't field tested my yellow perch jigs which are barred by a Sharpie marker. Though, I do not believe that I'll worry about their odor if any remains. The fish that I'll target with them are primarily sight feeders (bass, sauger, walleye, and pike). My jigs will be moving targets.

Mack

Actually Pup I got the idea from your blog site. You do very good work. Let me know how they work for ya, the ones you barred with the sharpie. :)

Back