Shannon's Streamer

rich mc

you did a good job on it. i use two blood marabous for the tail. my granddaughter shannon is now 5 1/2 yrs old. rich mc

HairyMooseKnuckles

rich mc said:
you did a good job on it. i use two blood marabous for the tail. my granddaughter shannon is now 5 1/2 yrs old. rich mc

I gotta tell ya, I'm loving this fly! It was so enjoyable to sit here and ty it. I was actually thinking about giving you a shout out because it reminded me of some of your flies. I guess I know why now. hahahaa!

Anyways. I wasn't able to find the Paton Bohemian yarn, but did find this and it seems to be a good replacement

rich mc

yes it is. what is really nice is seeing how anglers use it and make variations to it. rich mc

StumpHunter

rich mc said:
yes it is. what is really nice is seeing how anglers use it and make variations to it. rich mc

I do understand. It is great to see a fly you came up with work and to see other tying and using it is great to!! Nice work.

Len

Thanks rich mc for information on your fly....I am going to try these on some Steelhead very soon. I used a #1 Gamakatsu Octopus hook on these and also the tubing is used to protect my fingers from the hook point when tying ..lol!!
001_zpsb08vnzl6.jpg

rich mc

one thing to be carefull in tying is counting the wraps. if you wrap going backward 4 wraps do 4 going forward. good luck rich mc

BBFisher

How are you keeping it stable to tie the tail past the hook shank. I tried to tie this fly with poor results.

rich mc

how i do it is to holdthe marabou tail in my left hand, wrap the chenille around a taught tail with my right hand once i do the 4 wraps i re grip the tail and chenille at that spot then wrap chenille forward.
another thing i have changed with its tying over the years is this. after adding the marabou along the top of the whole shank. i lay the chenille along the toptoward thetail and secure . then wraparound the tail and back to the eye. this cuts off the weight of about 2 inches of wet chenille for easier casting. rich mc

BBFisher

Thanks Rich I'm going to try my hand at it again. These are great looking flies. May even try it on a jig head.

Back