SETX High School Fishing Bass Tournament

PanfishHunter

My high school was added on to the list of many teams that compete in the TBF high school fishing association, and I had the honor to have many firsts this past weekend. I got my first paycheck, bought my first baitcaster, competed in my first bass tournament, and fished Sam Rayburn for the first time ever. 

We left early friday afternoon, and went to the safety meeting. On the way to the hotel, we get a blowout on the trailer, after my partner says getting in the car "this is the first trip i've been on with no trailer issues in years. Oh i hope i didn't jinx us" We organized all our tackle in the hotel room, and rigged rods and then went to sleep. The first cast was 6:30, and as it was our first time we stuck toward the banks and old hay grass. Alot of fish but not many big ones.

For our first tournament, me and my partner did well, and the other 2 man teams for PHS did a bit better. We ended up placing 240 out of 490 teams. Our other teams got 157, and 173. We only caught one keeper bass, weighing in at 1.94 pounds. Harlan, my partner, landed this beautiful fish on a watermelon red/ chartreuse trick worm. Most other fish came on watermelon red brush hogs carolina rigged.

The jersey company messed our jerseys up ( green and red). They were supposed to be Black and red. 

Thank you Russ for sponsoring us. We got quite a few sponsorships from elsewhere as well

Here's an image of the gorgeous sam rayburn spotted bass! 
View attachment 1

Attachments

• IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    334 KB · Views: 27

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. Dang would i have ever LOOOOOVED to be on a competitive fishing team in school!!! A little late, but i just sent out a care package yesterday heading your way with a few jigs that will win the next tournament for you. ;) Fancy sublimated jerseys too. If you get a chance, take a picture showing the JigCraft logo. :cool:

Back