Seeking HEAVY DUTY Knowledge...

GrouseFly

Does a 60 degree jig hook exist in the 4/0 to 6/0 range that will NOT bend??? I make these multi bait rigs for hybrids and stripers.If you get more than one on at a time and they pull against each other, you get a bent hook. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

GrouseFly

I have been using Mustads just in a larger diameter wire. Still need something stronger if I can find it..

Hawnjigs

KISS
If you're already using 34184 and/or 32786 thats about it, except maybe the 34185 might resist bend out a shade better due to its shorter shank.

The 90* Owner 5319 is rated 3x but your most practical solution might be single hook.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Forgot, if you're willing to pay the price, the Gami 2034 is the strongest 60* jig hook available, but only in 4/0 size. Besides massive wire gauge and premium metal temper, the EWG bend should also resist bendout.

GrouseFly

Hawn I have been thinking about those..I have some actually that I use to make custom bass jigs for a guy. You can not beat the strength that's for sure...I just wish they was a hair longer. I may end up going to those though...for the strength...

Back