SEA RIDER

toadfrog

Been talking to some of our salt water guys about some of the stuff I used to do . The last time I made a SEA RIDER was 22yrs. ago . it weighs 1 3/4 oz. has a 6/0 sea guard hook and the one thing you don't find . A worth ball bearing swivel . Of course back in the day we didn't have those 3d eyes . View attachment 3

Attachments

• SEA RIDER.jpg
    SEA RIDER.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 66

SaltyBuckster

Very cool there Brent.Funny thing that you posted that one up as I was watching a video on Texas flounder fishing yesterday and they were using 1/2 oz. horseheads with a #3 chrome blade to haul in some very nice looking flounder.Now I need some big horseheads of course,lol.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yah, thats a byoot! The red marker(?) accent makes it look like a bleeder. Does the full flared tie obstruct the blade spin?

toadfrog

Thanks guys. Rad I promised the grand baby I'd do something special with her picture. Now she thinks she is a recognized world artist . Plum snippy about it.
Hawn , I can put twice the amount of fly on that head and the blade will spin. It is tied with buck tail and hackle feather . I rarely if ever use paints or markers when doing tackle ties. Underneath the tying collar is a barb to help hold grub trailers and the like.

toadfrog

Hawn at risk of giving my granddaughter a bigger head than she already does Ill let her read what you said. Gonna have to rename her George Lopez.

JSC

That Grand Daughter Really did a great job and deserves the "Big Head".

The Jig looks OK to ...

JSC

Back