SASE things I've learned

Kdog

I have 3 local PO that I use depending on where I am headed. All have different rules. Today I was dropping of some packages for a swap and the PostMistress commented on return address and recipient address being the same. I asked if it was a problem, she said no, but it may delay delivery as that is considered a red flag at the USPS. I explained the whole swap concept and said it gets done that way to ensure delivery even if its postage due. She concurred that it will work that way but most likely cause a delay.

Post office #2 said it was not a problem and actually a good idea especially if you are travelling and sending something home.

Post Office #3 actually made me fix the return addresses.

Lesson learned, select your PO carefully. Some folks are power hungry!

hookup

Dog, I agree, but I think the rules are a function of the person behind the counter or who's handling your package than location.

There certain PO people I don't even stand in their line because I've had such a hard time dealing with them.

Pup

Next time you purchase from a counter person, save and examine the receipt. The person who's served you has a 'clerk code' assigned to them which identifies them within the local office. USPS tracks customer service through a short survey entered via the web nowadays if you are willing to complete it. It's very short. I believe that there's an opportunity for text comments.

It might make a difference.

hookup

ACAMS said:
Also, getting a tracking number makes the price almost double!

One reason why I go brown some of the times ... they include tracking & insurance.

Back