Sand Flea

Barefoot

Thanks, The head color is close. I tried many different materials even soft plastic to get this jig the way I wanted. I do like the way this sparse deer body hair gives a shrimp or crab like appearance.
IMG_0404.jpg

Barefoot

I very rarely tip a jig. I will use a small piece of Fishbites on a dropper jig or teaser though. I was thinking of adding some color or flash to the jigs, maybe get some body hair in fl yellow. I have belly hair but that stuff needs to be spun and trimmed as it is much more brittle.

Pup

That is a very good-looking jig. :cool: Will model that one to tie a few if I get to go SW fishing in the future.

Barefoot

These 3/8 heads are not the best for a sand flea but would be good for distance casting. Trying the bead chain eyes instead of mono.
Flats%20Bug.jpg

Barefoot

Thanks guys. I think I am getting closer to a durable pattern for a crab, shrimp, flea imitator on the flats and surf. 

This product that used to be sold by Fly Tyers Dungeon is fantastic stuff. Heavy nylon I think with a light flash that comes alive in the sun. Very tough stuff but I am having trouble finding more of it. Can anyone locate it?
I emailed the mad scientist to see if he has anymore.
 Flash.jpg

Fin and Fur

Found this in bargain cave at cabelas in Denver a25c95b0195d4bc35c250730a6d59ec5.jpg060db5893385999955271f08bd634b1f.jpg
They also had some twisted flashabou in real thin sizes might be worth a check of their website.

Back