Saltwater Arsenal

JSC

Lookin Good
Question --- Did You Epoxy the Thread ???

Run into sharp teeth out there and would hate to have what they were hitting come back bare.

CrappieHappy

JSC said:
Lookin Good
Question --- Did You Epoxy the Thread ???

Run into sharp teeth out there and would hate to have what they were hitting come back bare.

Thanks JSC, The thread necks have several coats of Sallys Hard as nails.

Pup

Those jigs make me think of the little barracuda I have mounted in my hallway. A great memory. Nice ties CH. :cool:

JSC

Got a phone call from CrappieHappy last night .. He and the kids are having a good time in Destin ..
I am all tied up this week so I could not get to take him out and show him around and maybe catch a fish or 2 . He has a Red Fish story to tell & others.

CrappieHappy

Thanks Ronnie, thanks Doug..

Jim, it was a pleasure talking to you, thanks for the info you shared.

We went on a charter trip and couldnt keep out of the red snapper, or trigger fish which are both
Closed right now. We switched to sail fishing for a bit when the captains buddy said they had 5 boated. We had fish on, but it was not a sail fish, but a big shark. We fought that thing for 1 1/2 hrs before he finally tail whipped the line. I also lost a large cobia right at the boat as the deckhand missed with the gaf! :(. We have been fishing the pier as well I hooked a nice red with one of my jigs and a 4" trailer with a chunk of squid. Short run to the pier pillars was all she wrote....

My boys, and nephews
Are havIng a.blast catching pen fish and sheepshead at the pier, no real size, but they are enjoying the steady action.

Later..

toadfrog

I couldn't think of a better way to make memories for a life time . You'all have a great time now . You can talk about it for years .

CrappieHappy

JSC said:
Hi

Did you get much fishin in after I talked to you on the phone?

Jim, we hit the pier a couple more times while the girls were out souvenir shopping etc. I did not make it to the other spot you were telling me about, but wish i had...

Heath

Back