Rubber Dipped Minnows

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this post on the Ohio Game Fishing forum and thought some of you might be interested... looks like it could be a deadly bait! I'm guessing it is not the 1st time this was ever done, but it has the step-by-step 'how to' and no mold required either. Makes me think i might be able to even make some.

Rubber Dipped Minnows

toadfrog

Somebody may want to try this . Build a shadow box 2x1x2 , 4x2x4 , what ever . Lay a piece of 1/4'' mesh screen wire on top lightly spray . This gives you intersecting line points fast. Find some brass tubing . you can shape the tubing on the end to give a minnow head look once dipped. Cut tubes to desire lenght leaving extra to put you a stop mark on. Drill the lines at the intersecting points to whatever dimension your tube is . Epoxy the tubes in the holes of the shadow box . On one side of the box . drill a hole 3/8 or a 1/4 inch. Once this is done you are ready to spray your brass tubes lightly with Pam then dip until you get the desired thickness of plastic . Let cool . Stick air nozzle in side hole of your form blow of the 20 or 25 dipped lures into a box . That,s the way I made tubes before injection molds came along .

Back