Rotary Whip

BucktailJiger

Looking for a Matarelli style rotary whip with a larger handle profile . Would like to find one in brass . Looked at the Dr.Slick Bamboo and Wasatch , didn't know if any one new were to find one at . Thanks

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
a little off your search but - have you ever tried to whip finish by hand? I have used a finisher tool and never did get comfortable with it... actually broke the arm off it. Now i use what is left of the tool as a dubbing picker. :p IMO you can place the knot where you want a little better by hand, but that is just my personal pref.

I'm sure someone will have a link to a fly tying supplier that does sell them.

blt

I forget what model/manufacturer I have, but I got it at Bass Pros hop and do up to 4 oz. Ultra Minnows with it. Never did 1 whip finish by hand lol.

Jigging15

Do all mine by hand also. So much faster and can out it right where you want it and tuck it up under chenille when it tightens.

Fatman

Rad,

Just because it's the start of the new year!!! I'll be kind for the first mis-cue but you can expect Doc to jump and bash LOL

StumpHunter

:notworthy: LOL that was funny..

I use a whip on all my jigs and flies. My fingers split in the cold months so I have to be careful not to slide the thread over the splits. I have got use to using the whips. I bought the biggest brass one at Netcraft.

Fatman

OH MAN DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect shot opportunity!!!!!!!! and you flubbed it
funny.gif

Back