Repainting?

Lost Pole

Can you reheat and powder a jig head after it has sat, cooled and hardened a day? They haven't been cured.
My painting sux and starting to irk me a liiiiiiil bit.

ThX for any help.

Adam

toadfrog

If you don't over heat you can . But that paint is going to be thick and when it is cured it might just drip a little. Better not use anything that belongs to the wife to catch those drips . YA toucha her dishes an ya swim wit da fishes.

LedHed

Sponsor
Yeah - don't over heat. Keep an eye on the paint while you are reheating. Right when it starts to shine - gloss - is when you want to get it away from the heat. You can't really fix too much paint.

baitmaster

Lost,
If they haven't been cured the powder should come off pretty easy....depending on hot hot the head were when you put the powder on. If they are hard the acetone that LH recommended should even take off tough paint.

Pup

A makeshift jig holder toppled over inside my toaster oven earlier this evening. Had to scramble to get the jigs out quickly. I made a mess of the drawer tray inside the oven. :(

I have a bottle of nail polish remover with a label that lists acetone among its ingredients. The jigs are soaking in the remover, inside a sealed jar, overnight.

Will post my results after I've checked the jigs sometime tomorrow, most likely in the PM.

Edit: Still soaking as of 4/18.

cadman

Pup said:
A makeshift jig holder toppled over inside my toaster oven earlier this evening. Had to scramble to get the jigs out quickly. I made a mess of the drawer tray inside the oven. :(

I have a bottle of nail polish remover with a label that lists acetone among its ingredients. The jigs are soaking in the remover, inside a sealed jar, overnight.

Will post my results after I've checked the jigs sometime tomorrow, most likely in the PM.

I found that paint stripper will clean the paint off in a couple of hours. I use Parks paint stripper and it works fast.

Pup

cadman said:
Pup said:

I found that paint stripper will clean the paint off in a couple of hours. I use Parks paint stripper and it works fast.

Will look for the stripper over at Home Depot. Thanks Cadman. :)

I've left my jigs alone since their hooks now have a black powder paint coating covering them. :s :-/

Back