Regular Jigswap Host Signup List

SlabHappy

I guess people aren't interested in getting a second swap going. Didn't want to start a fuss, just figured I could get some people to swap a little more often, but I think the JC Staff doesn't like it.

Bucko

would be easier to focus on, and follow only one thread and swap at a time. maybe that's just me? anybody can sign up to host a swap. there is a separate thread to sign up for it.

PanfishHunter

I dont think its so much as the Staff don't like it, it's that i dont think people like focusing on 2 swaps at once. while it would be cool to do that, not many people would be interested i dont think. I dont think its a bad idea either, because that would bring more jigs to caring owners xD.
We'll see how it goes for #18 first

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Not an issue that i or the other staff don't like the idea, just don't think we have the #'s to keep it going for long. Before JigCraft, i was involved in a bunch of swaps on crappie.com. I personally pushed to try and get more than one swap going at once there as i wanted to do some bass jig swaps and others wanted to do trout and other species swaps. At first the general idea worked with totally separate swaps running, but even with the large number of swappers on that site, it started to loose momentum. Swap ideas started to overlap and the numbers got low. There were some other factors as well, but unfortunately the swap board has pretty much gone silent over there now. I do feel somewhat responsible for killing the swaps over there, but i was pushed out of that site unexpectedly and never given the chance to try and fix things as they were no longer going how i intended.

If we had enough people i think it would be great to have several swaps going .......... thinking they would have to be focused on different species though. Crappie swap - bass swap - trout swap - saltwater swap - and so on so you could pick which you would like to get involved in. We might need 20-30 people who occasionally do swaps for each separate class of jig. That would take a lot of tiers! As the site continues to grow, perhaps it will happen someday.

The occasional side swap i don't think will hurt as long as it is different enough from any other swap going on at the same time. Believe me, i love hearing your enthusiasm for the swaps SlabHappy! We just need more like you. ;)

LedHed

Sponsor
"Not an issue that i or the other staff don't like the idea, just don't think we have the #'s to keep it going for long." X 2

One of these days....

Back