Red Pepper Pesto

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
This is something we make once every couple weeks. Love this recipe - had it for supper tonight. :) Original recipe says to use it as a baste or to serve wih steak, shrimp, fish and veggies or to spread it over thick toasted bread. The way we make it is... Smoked chicken with the pesto over noodles.

Red Pepper Pesto
4 large red bell peppers
2/3 cups chopped walnuts
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 taplespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Place peppers cut side down on a foil covered baking sheet. Broil in the oven until the skins are charred, usually about 20 minutes. Cool, peel and throw away skins, and cut peppers into wide strips.

Combine peppers, walnuts, garlic, oil & salt in a food processor. Process until blended - Makes about 2 cups. GOOD STUFF!!!!

While my wife is doing that, i am usually running the smoker. :p We use boneless/skinless chicken breast lightly coated with garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. It usually takes about an hour or so depending how thick they are... these were thin cut and took a little less time. The last 10 mins. i throw on some pepperjack cheese.

Throw some noodles on a plate, cut some chicken, cover it in pesto and mix it all up. Don't forget the dough boy crescents. ;) Enjoy!

View attachment 1

Attachments

• 101_1925_e.jpg
    101_1925_e.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 20
  • 101_1927_e.jpg
    101_1927_e.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 20

toadfrog

Dang it now stop that!! I'm already to fat and bald to boot. you even went and showed pics. NO MERCY I'M TELL'N YA.

Back