Red ghost Pearl

Lost Pole

Came across a cool color on paintwithpearl.com I have been trying to make for a while. I've come close but not quite and it it's a 2 cure process. Soooo, it'd be nice BUT it's $11 plus s&h FOR A 25 GRAM BAG!

[PERSEVERING FACE]

View attachment 1

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421174381.813836.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421174381.813836.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 159

Radtexan

Frame that sucker right now.

Looks like its worth the effort either way Adam. I thought that trans orange you sent me a while back would be a great base. Little yellow highlight would get close ?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good to me also. That pic is using the 2 step cure?

Not sure if you have any of this kinda stuff......

Pearlescent Powder

.....says it is intended for plastic pouring but the PEARL WHITE is simply a mica powder with a little of a pearl look to it. I use this stuff quite a bit. Mix it with transparent colors or candy colors and the pearl comes out looking like whatever color powder you are using. PM me your snail mail and i will send you some of it, just got a brand new bottle. A little goes pretty far.

Another mix that might interest your color choices would be to mix Flo. Red (pretty much bright orange) with the PEARL WHITE stuff and it makes it look like a metallic bright orange.

The PEARL SILVER to me really has no pearl effect at all..... turns most everything you mix it with to a dark silver.

CrappieHappy

Russ, I wnder if that pearl powder you linked is similar t the super sparkle by sepp leaf. Hmm may have to try some in the near future .

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Heath super sparkle is a higher grade. But the stuff for plastic still works great. Blue hilite powder is great too.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have both the super sparkle (intended for glass working i believe?) and the PEARL WHITE stuff from Jann's. Honestly can not tell the difference between the 2 when using them as far as quality wise.

The stuff is really cool at night. Out casting for walleye this fall i always had a head lamp on my head but try to keep the light off as much as possible to not spook the marble 'eyes. When i would turn on the light to check the action of my jig, the heads that are painted with the mica pearl stuff look darn close to how the glowing of the walleye eyes look! Sometime i thought walleye were chasing my jig, but it was actually just my jig. I imagine that those species of fish that hunt at night can pick up on that reflection of light coming from the moon or any other ambient light around.

First i can remember hearing of the mica powder was from Hawnjigs who was looking for a subtle sparkle. Turned out not what he was looking for because even trying to add the mica in tiny amounts is not very subtle.

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
Spike it carries pearl white, super sparkle, and silk pearl. I dont have the silk but would like to get it. Was told it was great for making a red shad color. Im guessing its prolly not too sparkly and might be money for the look adam was goin for.

Back