Real Skin Crank Bait

toadfrog

View attachment 7Well here goes . My first attempt at making a bait using the skin from a fish . This is a brooder minnow complete with the head . The center core is bass wood . The second joint has hips on it to catch the flow of water down the the sides of the lure making the tail flip back and forth like it is swimming wounded minnow . WHAT IS THE VERDICT ON THIS ONE .

Attachments

• Real Skin Crank Bait.jpg
    Real Skin Crank Bait.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 97

redman

Remember having a real minnow lure in the late 1950's. Don't think I ever caught any thing on it but it sure looked good in the tackle box. You did a good job on that one would have more faith in yours that the one I had.

Redman

JSC

Now all U need is one of them "Frog Skin" lures ..

Sure that U R not havin those Nite Mares again?

:)

toadfrog

Thanks Hope you at least got a giggle . That is why I made it . I skinned that thing with an Exacto Knife .
Jsc will you quit putting Ideas in my head . Now that is stuck there and where am I going to get a dang frog this time of year . That is going to play over and over in my mind like a bad song. No fishy smell ' epoxy encapsulated . Besides I tanned it . Scales and all . I hoped the scales would stay and they did . You can cut the hide scales and all . Still stay in . My grandfather tanned things of and on . Every time I use something he taught me . I can feel him watching . I live in his old farm house now . The wife says its haunted . Just to pass it Off I told her to stay out of my homemade wine .

LRB

That is cool...but have you thought about using some snake skin...might be more pliable then fishskin...if you need some let me know....

ML~~[/i]

Back