Raystown Lake,Pa. 07-12-11

SaltyBuckster

Going up to Raystown for a night fishing trip tonight.My first time crappie fishing in about a year.Tied up 2 each of 1/8 and 1/4 oz. Alewife Herring today.I'll have some pretty cool pics of the night stalk tomorrow.Lots of big stripers and smallmouth there also.Hope to get a mixed bag to show you all.Keep your fingers crossed,lol.

jjsjigs

Banned
I heard there was a drowning at Raystown a few days ago. Any truth to that rumor?

BTW... if you want another place to catch wipers... Cowenesque Lake in Tioga Co. got stock with hybrids this year. the PFBC wants to make it the next Raystown Lake.

SaltyBuckster

jjsjigs,well thank you for the information.Without netting any Alewife Herring,Raystown is a bust.I stayed all night from about 7:00 pm to 4:30 am.We had no idea what to do about castnetting them little fools,lol.Let's see,we set up at dark with submersible lights,had tons of little minnows around about an inch long,no fish though.Glad I bought them worms and a new headlight at Walmart on the way there.Needed both.Fish wise,ended up with 6 nice gills and a cast netted small crappie,lol.Met up with a guide at about 4:15 am as he was going out netting them herring.He told me that without them bluegills and worms are the only ticket to catching anything.He said the best thing is to get there about 3:30 am,net the bait then head out for a day of fishing.Sounds like a loonnnnggg day to me,lol.Here's a couple pics of the lake anyway.I think that I'll stick to flounder for awhile.

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 24
Back