Rattle Swimmer

Barefoot

I am working on some hand tied twitch baits for inshore fishing. I have been building them on a 2/0 EC 635, a brass rattler, 1/10 lead barbell, 1/16 scud weight and mardi gras beads for an eye spot. Good action on these and I hope to catch a few on this pattern that I adapted from the Buggs Ratic Shad.
A great site for jig fishermen:
http://www.buggs-fishing-lures.com/ratic-shad-buggs.html
The Mardi Gras beads are great for weightless eyes as well.
rattleing%20swimmer%20parts.jpg
Rattleing%20Swimmer%202.jpg

Hawnjigs

KISS
Man, thats a lotta hardwear and tie time, which should be well rewarded. Your creation with the weight distributed along the full length of the shank will likely swim different from Heath's tail weighted version, but should be fine for salty twitching. The 413 hook in your tie is preferred by pro tiers like Mr. Clouser over the 635 for baitfish patterns.

Barefoot

It is a 413. When I looked at Heath's Ratic Shad, my thought was that if I added a rattle I would effectively have a hand tied Mirrodine.

Barefoot

Plastic%20Rattle_1.jpg
I found some plastic rattles that I set in some mylar tubing. They are very loud and they glue in easily without adding much weight.
I am going to start adding some mono weed guards so I shifted the tie back just a bit.

hookup

Good job finding a plastic rattle. First time I tied w/ rattles I used glass rattles and they'd break - kind of hard on the fish when you catch & release

Barefoot

I am getting my supplies together to tie a few Pogie imitations. Using XL aluminum eyes, silver / gold chenille and a smaller rattle. 
I will use a sharpie to add in some olive on the fin and add the lateral line markings.

Pogie%20LS.jpg
Pogie%20supplies.jpg

Back